Wembley Football Club Launches Academy Programme
WEMBLEY Football Club is proud to announce the formation of its full-time academy for players between 16 and 18 years of age for the 2017/18 season.
The club is launching a 2-year programme where individuals will have the opportunity to play and train in one of London’s best semi-professional football facilities whilst working towards a level 2 or/and 3 Extended Diploma in Sport. Induction to the academy offers players the opportunity to progress into the senior team.
Individuals who are selected will receive 10 hours of coaching from highly qualified, experienced football professionals.
Brian Gumm, the Chairman, had said ‘the club is very happy this has finally materialized as a lot of hard work has gone into making this a reality, this is a great opportunity for players to further their football career. The timing of this couldn’t be any better with it just being Wembley Football Club’s 70th anniversary last year which coincided with 50 years since England used the club as its training base for the 1966 World Cup. The club is very much a family club and any players who join will be thoroughly looked after’.
To register your interest in the academy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 07525495818
Why Choose Wembley FC`s Academy?
Wembley FC introduced a Football Education programme in The Summer of 2017. This is a unique opportunity for 16-18-year-olds who enjoy football to pursue a 2-year programme.
Staying at School or going to college is not the right choice for everyone, but you can still gain a first class education that will get you to a university by choosing Wembley FC. If the idea of staying on at school or going to college is not for you, then why not consider studying your education here at Wembley FC within the club`s academy?
We will ensure that players are fully prepared for the future. The Academy includes a full-time education package incorporating:
- BTEC Level 2 & 3 Extended Diploma – Allows access to university and further study as well as opening the door to a coaching career.
- During your two years, you can also earn qualifications that will help you gain employment in the sport and leisure industry; as well as training and competing in a professional football environment for Wembley FC against other clubs in the Non-League and Football League.
- The course is based at Wembley Football Club in the newly refurbished hospitality lounge, with all of the 11 aside matches taking place at Vale Farm.
- Study a Level 2 & 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport – Allows entrance to University
- Full-time 2-year course based at Wembley Football Club.
- Up to 15 hours of education per week at the stadium.
- At least 12 hours of professional coaching per week at the stadium.
- Available to students aged 16-18 on completion of their GCSE’s or students who have completed one year at college.
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at C or above.
- A keen interest in the football or sports industry.
- Exit routes into University or foundation degrees.
- Undertake coaching qualifications and refereeing qualifications.
- Work experience opportunities in the sport and leisure industry.
- Play against clubs in The Non-League & The Football League
- Professionally trained by UEFA Licensed coaches.
- Become part of Wembley Football Club, represent the club, wear the kit and study at the stadium.
- Watch the first team play at Vale Farm